CP2 PAPER 2 sensible comments

Discussion in 'CP2' started by singingmyblues, Apr 4, 2024.

1. singingmyblues

singingmyblues Keen member

Hello, I have a question on the marking of some parts of Paper 2 summary report. Obviously the assumptions, conclusions and suggested next steps written will vary by different people. Will we get marks for 'sensible' points not included in the examiner report?
    For next steps, would you suggest doing 2 sentences for each point (that's my observation from ASET)? The exam requirement states each next step needs to be accompanied by why each is valid. I don't really see how this is executed, since most next steps are one sentence, sometimes accompanied by an example.
    Finally, would you suggest spending similar amount of time on results comments and next steps?

2. Sarah Byrne

Sarah Byrne ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi

There are marks available for other ideas in all the sections you mentioned.

You absolutely need to explain your next steps clearly so the examiner sees why they are relevant, it doesn't matter how many sentences that is. Giving an idea, explaining why it is relevant and giving examples is a sensible approach.

And yes, spending a similar amount of time on these areas seems sensible as they are both generally around the same number of marks (approx 20). So, around 35 mins for each in the exam (depending on how you want to split your time).

Good luck :)
    Sarah