2020 April

Discussion in 'CP3' started by yuli2513, Mar 25, 2023.

1. yuli2513

yuli2513 Very Active Member

Hi,

I have a question on 2020 April paper. I am wondering why a brief summary of The Daily article is necessary? I would expect some readers of Insure One's press release have not read Insure One's article.

Thanks!

2. Lindsay Smitherman

Lindsay Smitherman ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi - sorry I'm not sure that I fully understand your question. Do you mean 'why a brief summary of The Daily article is not necessary?'

Focus on the overarching objective of the communication: to make clear that the premiums being set are fair and reasonable, hence providing reassurance to current and future customers.

The article itself is sensationalist and very negative. Repeating the points that were made there could simply reinforce that negativity - which is the opposite of what the communication needs to do.

So yes, it is important to reference back to the article (backwards signposting) in the introduction to make clear what the communication is responding to. If someone reading the press article hasn't read the original article, they know where to find it. But then keep the message of the communication positive.

Apologies if I have misinterpreted your question.

yuli2513 likes this.
  3. yuli2513

yuli2513 Very Active Member

Thanks Lindsay, this is exactly what I was looking for. Sorry for the confusion in my question, I indeed missed a 'not'.

4. Lindsay Smitherman

Lindsay Smitherman ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Ah thanks, am glad that I understood you correctly. A good opportunity to remind everyone to proof-read very carefully in the CP3 exam itself, as it can be easy to miss out or mis-type a vital word like 'not'! :)