April 2021, #3

Discussion in 'SP1' started by MindFull, Mar 31, 2023.

1. MindFull

MindFull Ton up Member

Hi Tutors!
    So this question asks for a comparison of the products from a customer perspective. As such, I thought to add things like peace of mind, simplicity etc but the answer really speaks to basic product features. I've seen other questions that ask about things from a customer point of view answered using things like simplicity and affordability so I was just wondering why the answers for this question did not include any of those things.

Thanks much.

2. Mark Willder

Mark Willder ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi Mindfull

Exam solutions will focus on the points that are most important. So there may be points that are correct but not on the marking schedule. Where to draw the line will always be subjective.

There's no harm adding the points you mention to your solution - they may well score in future questions.

However, they don't feel like the most important things to say. Yes the products provide peace of mind up to a point, but why? For example, the term assurance provides death benefits, but the creditor insurance covers a wider spread. So running through the product features gives a much more precise answer.

Best wishes

Mark