ST7 preparation

Discussion in 'SP7' started by Suzuki, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Suzuki

Suzuki Member

Hello All,

I have just finished going through the CMP notes (but don't remember much of it to be honest).
    In terms of next steps, I am thinking of
    • doing flash cards and tutorial notes for each part.
    • post that, practise ASET and past exam papers.
    I think I should have glimpsed through the CMP quicker, but given this is where I am now, do you guys think the above is a good approach?
    How much time should I allow for each of the bullets above for exam on Oct 4th? I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thank you,

Suzuki

2. jimplenty

jimplenty Member

Given the short time frame, my personal approach is to dive into ASET and past years first (2010 - 2017 + 2010 specimen paper = 16 papers in total), flash cards later.

That should give you enough hints as to what will normally come out in the exams and brush up all the rusty concepts you have.

Again, as a caveat (actuaries love it!), different people have different study style - so there's no right or wrong answer

Raj_121 and Suzuki like this.
  3. Katherine Young

Katherine Young ActEd Tutor Staff Member

That's a hard one to answer Suzuki. Jim's right, everyone has a different style, and you'll have worked out by now what works for you. Overall though, I'd be tempted to place more weight on past exam questions than you're suggesting.

Suzuki likes this.
  4. Suzuki

Suzuki Member

Thank you Jimplenty and Katherine for the inputs, much appreciated :)